Do the best when you can, while you can. You will never know when your chance will be taken away.
The best chance you have for impacting others and making a use of your life is now.
There is no better time than now.
The hardest obstacle is always the second to the last.
Life is a joy in itself.
You will never appreciate the true value of friendship until you have no friends left.
If there was a limitation to the amount of friendship one can give, making new friends is stealing from another's heart.
Thank goodness we have 'Rs' or we have have fiends, not friends.
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live
in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who
are apparently doing quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia
"Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars I thought,
'Where the hell is the ceiling?'" - Chris Unger
"Don't be humble. You're not that great."
- Golda Meir
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus
handicapped." - Elbert Hubbard
"They say hard work never hurt anybody, but I figure why take
the chance." - Ronald Reagan
"Facts are stupid things."
- Ronald Reagan (attempting to quote John Adams, who said "Facts are stubborn things.")
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),
"A gentleman never insults anyone unintentionally."
- Oscar Wilde, in conversation
"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if
your car could go straight upwards."
- Sir Fred Hoyle, "London Observer," 1979
"A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it
is for other people."
- Thomas Mann, "Essays of Three Decades," 1947
"I would like to take you seriously but to do so would affront
your intelligence." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
"Death is just nature's way of telling you, 'Hey, you're not
alive anymore.'" - Bull Shannon
Oneliners and Proverbs
"He that hath knowledge spareth his words: [and] a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: [and] he that shutteth his lips [is esteemed] a man of understanding. " Proverbs 17:27-28
- Speech is silver, but silence is golden
- Silence us wise if we are foolish, but foolish if we are wise
- Silence is a woman's best garment
- Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can shatter my soul.
"A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24
- So many people will walk in and out of your life, but those who leave foot prints are true friends.
- Friends are chocolate chips in the cookie of life!
- Friends are like puzzle pieces, if one goes away, that special piece can never be replaced and that puzzle will never be whole again
- Friendship is a golden chain, the links are friends so dear, and like a rare and precious jewel It's treasured more each year.
"A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
- You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing. 'Michael Pritchard'
- Smile! It increases your face value.
- Smile.... it makes others wonder what you're thinking.
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars. 'Les Brown'
- Snowflakes are one of natures most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together. 'Vista M. Kelly'