Thursday 7 December 2006

My holidays so far

Hey everyone!

I just came back from Gold Coast 2 days ago, and I've been having so much fun since then! (And yes, I had lots of fun before that too!) Sea World at Gold Coast was great, but I think I prefer the one in America. It is more impressive, with the killer whale Shamu for public viewing. :) The Sea World in Australia has dolphins, seals, penguins and sharks - not counting the other rock pool creatures- as well as 2 wet rides, a viking, a corkscrew (one of those rollercoasters that go upside down and around like a corkscrew) and some kiddy rides. I really enjoyed myself!

To this day, I still can't believe my brother actually persuaded me on that corkscrew ride. It felt like I was going to fall off during the turning, not during the upside down times, surprisingly. I couldn't lift my head, so I couldn't see what was coming up ahead of me, which is both a blessing and a curse I guess. :) I brought my 2nd brother on all the kiddy rides. (Yes, I actually sat the merry-go-round on a horse with him, and sat in a stuffy helicopter pressing these buttons to make a loud wailing siren noise just to pass time.) And I'm so proud of myself for going to the Shark bay!!! I actually plucked up enough guts to face those tamed and complacent captives of a glass aquarium ferocious predators of the sea. Whoo hoo!!! Three cheers! :P

We also went to this 4D show in Sea World, called SOS. It's about saving the environment- sea life and land life. VERY interesting, and at times, freaky too. I gasped when this eel made a dash and stopped inches from my face... :O

The rest of the Sea World trip? I spent shopping, swimming and walking along the beach. :)The beaches are beautiful by the way.

I leave soon for Moruya, about 4 hours out of Sydney. My cousin's wedding will be on Saturday, and I can't wait for it! Till after then. ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, thoughts, feelings, memories, experiences, receipes? Please share!