Wednesday 24 January 2007

It's SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!!!!

It's entirely wonderful to be back, that I feel like doing a jig, hence the title. :D



Today I sent in a tax file number application to be eligible to apply for the HECS-HELP program. I came out with a certificate certifying that I lodged an application with them, and then remembered that I needed 3 copies for the 3 different institutions I had to send to!!! I'm sure no one else is as mutton-headed as I was...

And then, I decided to take the Learner's General Theory Test after that. I had only studied it for one day and came out with 30 out of 30!!! Wow. I know I should not be boasting, but I'm so pleased with myself. :) To be sure, it's not hard at all- but still... The only thing I have to complain is that I had to pay $33 to take the learner's test, and pay $45 for the driving assessment, and $5 extra to buy the 'L plate' to learn!!! After that, I found out I needed two- one for the front and another for the back. I've decided to make my own with yellow paper and black masking tape. Humph. They must make so much money out of these adolescents all too eager to learn to drive- heedless of expense. The leeches.

Anyway, I came outside to wait for my parents who were shopping at Woolworths opposite. I decided to wait outside, so that they didn't have to turn in and turn out again- you know- to make things easier for them as a dutiful daughter should. :P It happens that there was a small tree with some shade, and I stood under there waiting for them when this man walks up to me. That in itself was ok, but his appearance and behaviour gave me such a fright! When he started coming a bit too close for my liking, I walked forward, and he CIRCLED around me! My heart dropped- I was ready to scream at any moment if he dared touch me. Lucky for him (and for me I guess) he looked around and didn't like the conspicuousness of the situation, and walked back to his seat in front of a closed Thai restaurant. Before he sat down though, he made a gesture that made me seem like I was in his way. Well, I didn't hesitate to get out of his way that was for sure! I walked as fast as I could without running to the sidewalk from the main road where lots of cars passed. In a minute later, my parents came, and I related the incident to them.

My dad told me that if it ever happened again, I should not appear frightened, but instead to swing around suddenly and yell at him: "What do you want?" It might frighten him off. I had to laugh. But then what if he took it as a challenge or something else equally unpleasant?

I am so grateful for God's protection. I wonder what the man saw that made him turn away. And why did he make that odd gesture? To whom did he mean it for? Somethings are not meant for me to know, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, thoughts, feelings, memories, experiences, receipes? Please share!